“When you’re not wearing the new super brights, you’ll be keeping it sweet in the prettiest of pastel shades.” net-a-porter.com
“Pastel colors” for the first challenge; that’s easy.
I love the sweet cupcakes palette; think candy floss pink, baby blue, calm lavender, peppermint lime, and chiffon yellow. While I love these feminine colors, it doesn’t mean going sweet-16 overdrive with the prom frou frou style of ruffles, tulle, beads, ruche, or flowers.
So, “How do I wear pastels?”
My advise is to instill a soft and modern edge to your wardrobe this season with soft fabrics, tailored cuts, or classic accessories with pretty pastel colors.
Follow the style tips below, and you’ll be rocking pretty in pastels:
1. Pastel on pastel – Ditch the color wheel rules and go color happy with any combination of pastels; this is the perfect season to get away with it
2. Pair pastels with a neutral – Whether it’s a one-piece pastel dress or pastel separates put-together, layering it with a neutral vest or jacket will add the chic to the sweet; I personally prefer the lighter shades of cream, white, and tan when pairing with pastels
3. Pastel rock – To create a more edgy look, look out for pastel clothes, shoes, or accessories with hardware (e.g. zips, studs, leather, or metal eyelets)
4. Bold Accent – Feel free to add an accent piece to a pastel outfit with a bold bright color separate or a neon necklace
5. Accessories – Pastels work well with metallics but tone down its shine by using pieces that are perforated, embossed, or textured
6. Wear it through to winter – Get the bang for your buck and layer it up with white, cream, or grey cashmere pieces when the next season arrives
– – Outfit – –
Shoes: Miu Miu
* Sign up on the top right hand corner to be the first to receive Jenn’s style tips