The strategy of ‘working backwards” – I do this a lot; especially with shoes.
It is the best way to work an outfit in order to showcase a statement piece.
If you start taking notice, you would realise that you typically put your outfit together by first pulling pieces of clothing items together before adding accessories, then shoes and bag.
Well, working backwards will mean messing up this routine. And starting from the accessory or bag or shoes – the one piece of none clothing item you wish to highlight or make an outfit of.
Today, I am going to “work backwards”, I will make my outfit with the statement necklace.
The last time you saw this necklace, I wore it for the Evening Flats challenge post. The necklace did not stand out in that outfit so I wanted to do an outfit to showcase the necklace proper.
The strategy of working backwards is to take a piece of item e.g. in this case a necklace, and working it piece by piece.
- Accessory: necklace
Applying the process, I put together the look through:
- Necklace – Statement Necklace from Zara with neon yellow and turquoise
- Top – kept it plain to showcase the necklace but not boring – see detail at the back of tank
- Bottom – could be plain but I chose a printed oh-so-summer-hot floral pants
- Shoes – complementary to outfit and I chose pastel to soothe the whole look
- Make-Up – bright red lippy to brighten the whole look
— Outfit —
Shoes: Miu Miu
Necklace: Zara, Sunglass: Chanel 4185